Monday, October 31, 2016

Icarus

Happy Halloween!!!

I think if I wasn't Mormon, I would be Muslim! Haha this has been a
great week! Since we are doing this whole "no knock November" thing,
we have had to think of new ways to find people to teach! Earlier this
week, we decided to try to walk around the park and talk to people,
and let me tell you, that is not the easiest thing to do! After
talking to a few people, we ended up talking to this Muslim family.
They eventually invited us to join the barbecue that they were having
at the park! Of course we said yes, so we just sat down, ate some
lamb, and talked about our beliefs! It was seriously the coolest thing
ever! I learned sooo much about the Muslim religion. Super
interesting! They were easily some of the nicest people I have ever
met!

This experience really taught me that everyone really is a child of
God! It doesn't matter what you believe in, or where you are from, or
anything like that. We are all children of our Heavenly Father! We all
have millions of brothers and sisters on this earth. This week, I met
some of our brothers and sisters from Oman, and I KNOW that they are
my brothers and sisters! I love the mission. I may only be in Oregon,
but I am meeting people from around the world! Ahhh I love it! I love
you guys! Bye! Have a fantastic week.

Elder Potter for today! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment